let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Cowichan Valley
Swim off your own dock in beautiful Shawnigan Lake! Waterfront property split by the road. 3 bed + den/2 bath home built in 2017 on 1 acre and set back off the road. A beautiful kitchen with loads of cupboards, large pantry, and stainless appliances including a wall oven. Spacious living room has large windows to let in the natural light. Large master suite with ample closets & a 5pc ensuite. There's even a s...
Fabulous ocean views of Satellite Channel, Saltspring Island and Mt. Baker are the icing on the cake of this wonderful property which is only a 10 mins walk to the beach. Located on a private and tranquil fully fenced 2 acres, this 4+ bed, 3 bath home offers over 3,500 sqft of family friendly living space. The living & dining rooms boast large windows that soak up the view and natural light, vaulted ceiling...
Your Absolute Dream Property is found! Gentle south-east slope, good drainage. Picturesque 5.535 acre parcel. Fully fenced & gated. Grow what you want, enjoy hobby farm lifestyle or build your full-on equestrian facilities right at home. Well-groomed established path goes along perimeter. Kingburne Rd ends at the most amazing parkland trails that are equestrian-friendly. Traverse around a local lake in one d...Listed by CATHY DUNCAN & ASSOCIATES LTD.
Exceptionaly well maintained and remodelled A-frame on a quiet & private treed lot in a fantastic neighbourhood. Main level living, 2 bedroom plus den and a recently renovated bathroom with a soaker tub. The living room features south facing windows, natural wood vaulted ceiling, wagon wheel light fixture with a stunning floor to ceiling fireplace. The kitchen is well laid out and very functional with updat...
Executive 2,300+ sqft townhome with amazing views of town and the Olympic Mountains. This 3 story home is well acquainted with 3 bedrooms, 4 baths, office, den, fantastic family room and double garage. Main floor has 9' ceilings, a mixture of tile and wood flooring, natural light floods the well laid out kitchen with stainless appliances, pantry, granite counters, dining area and open concept living room with...
Amazing ocean views with Salt Spring Island in the background, The Mews Over Osborne Bay is an exceptionally well built 5 year old strata complex that is steps from the ferry terminal in the seaside town of Crofton. With just over 1,300 sqft of space and 9' ceilings, this second floor unit is very well laid-out with an open concept kitchen/dinning/living room with the focal point on the view. The primary be...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015